Renovo Fabric Ultra Proofer
$36.30 – $54.50
Waterproofs and Protects Your Soft Top
Renovo Ultra Proofer re-establishes the convertible tops original ‘as new’ waterproof weather barrier.
The recently improved formulation now has the added benefits of UV factor protection and a mould/mildew growth inhibitor to ensure soft tops look like new for longer.
Before applying Ultra Proofer we recommend using Renovo Fabric Soft Top Cleaner according to the ‘severely soiled’ instructions on the bottle, to thoroughly clean your convertible top.
Ultra Proofer will help to prevent the harmful penetration of everyday dirt into the fibres of new and old convertible top material and help to keep the re-colour provided by Soft Top Reviver fresher for even longer.
Please see our Do’s & Don’ts page before placing your order.
Do's and Don'ts
- Ensure that the soft top is thoroughly cleaned.
- Ensure that you have sufficient Ultra Proofer to complete a full coat.
- Keep a soft damp cloth ready to wipe off any splashes or dribbles on paintwork and glass.
- Work in a timely fashion to ensure that the edges of the freshly applied Ultra Proofer do not dry out too quickly.
- Work from the centre outwards round and round the vehicle.
- Apply to a dry top and allow Ultra Proofer to dry completely before applying further product or taking out in the rain.
- Use every 6-12 months.
- Use on vinyl soft tops.
- Forget to stir the Ultra Proofer prior to use.
- Dilute or mix the Ultra Proofer with any other product.
- Apply the Ultra Proofer in direct sunlight or on a hot day that will cause the Ultra Proofer to dry too quickly.
- Allow to dry on glass and paintwork.
- Apply to vinyl soft tops or cars with modified paintwork.
- Apply water proofing agent prior to using Reviver unless the proofer is completely removed first.
Please note: It is advisable to test on an inconspicuous area of your convertible top prior to use, as some colours may appear lighter or darker after application.
Do not apply in direct sunlight, as this will cause the Ultra Proofer to dry out too quickly and produce an uneven result.
- Dry brush the soft top to remove any loose dust/dirt.
- Pour Ultra Proofer into a suitable container/bowl.
- Stir well before application.
- Apply Ultra Proofer with a new 5cm/2inch paintbrush ensuring that the fabric is completed wetted out. It is best to commence application in the centre of the soft top and as quickly as possible progress towards each side, the front and the back of the soft top. Wipe excess drips from paintwork, trims and glass with a damp cloth.
Depending on the condition of the top a litre of Ultra Proofer is usually sufficient for two coats on an average size soft top. It is important to allow Ultra Proofer to dry between coats. Always ensure that you have enough Ultra Proofer to coat the soft top completely and that you will not run out half way through application!
- Allow the top to dry for approximately three hours, this will depend on the drying conditions. The Ultra Proofer may dry out more quickly if it is a warm day and may take longer to dry if it is a damp day.
- Wash out brush in warm, soapy water.
Do not take car out in rain/wet weather until the Ultra Proofer has completely dried.
The soft top is now water and stain repellent, will resist the growth of mould/mildew and is protected from harmful Ultra Violet rays.
To ensure best possible weatherproof protection we advise that Ultra Proofer is applied every six months.