Renovo Fabric Soft Top Cleaner
For Regular Soft Top Cleaning
For regular cleaning of canvas, double duck and mohair convertible soft tops of all colours, freshening appearance and helping to preserve the soft top’s overall condition.
Renovo Fabric Soft Top Cleaner is the best convertible roof cleaner.
Fabric Soft Top Cleaner removes grime and ingrained dirt without impairing the appearance of the convertible car’s fabric, and is suitable for all colours.
Fabric Soft Top Cleaner is recommended for preparation of the convertible hood, before application of Soft Top Reviver and Ultra Proofer.
It is especially important to ensure that the fabric is free of grease, dirt and any previous waterproof coatings, before using Soft Top Reviver.
Ultra Proofer can still be applied with residual waterproofing agents within the material, but it should be thoroughly cleaned with Fabric Soft Top Cleaner to ensure that dust and dirt will not be sealed into the fabric.
Please see the “Do’s & Don’ts” information tab before placing your order.
Do's and Don'ts
- Test on an inconspicuous area to ensure fabric is colourfast dyed.
- Spray mist the soft top with water prior to application.
- Use a clean paint brush to apply.
- Leave Fabric Soft Top Cleaner on for 10-20 minutes for general cleaning.
- Leave Fabric Soft Top Cleaner on for 40-60 minutes for stubborn dirt and to remove any previous waterproofing treatments.
- Wear protective gloves whilst applying.
- Use every 6-12 months.
- Use a power jet wash to clean a fabric soft top
- Use a detergent based cleaner
- Apply in direct sunlight.
- Forget to shake the bottle prior to use.
How to Clean a Convertible Top
Please note: It is advisable to test on an inconspicuous area first, to ensure fabric is colourfast dyed. Never use pressure washers on soft tops.
- Dry brush the soft top to remove any residual dirt.
- Dampen surface of Soft Top with a mist spray of water or a damp sponge.
- Shake bottle well prior to removing top.
- Pour into suitable container.
- Apply with a clean 5cm/2″ paint brush using even brush strokes. Start at the centre of the cover working out towards the edge.
- Leave for 10-20 minutes to ensure the cleaner can work on difficult grime and stains.
- Commence scrubbing using warm water and a sponge, cloth or bristle brush until the cleaner begins to lather and dirt is being removed easily. Finish by rinsing off with water. Repeat the whole process if necessary.
For heavily-soiled surfaces leave the solution to dry for approximately 60 minutes – the optimum time for active ingredients to work. Heavily-soiled surfaces should be scrubbed with a bristle brush. Finish by rinsing off with water. Repeat the whole process if necessary.
Finally leave to dry before applying Renovo’s Ultra Proofer which will not only re-establish the original ‘as new’ waterproof weather barrier on your canvas, double-duck or mohair convertible top, also now contains UV protection and a mould/mildew growth inhibitor.
Bird Droppings / Difficult Stains
Dab or pour the Cleaner directly onto the spot of dirt or stain. (Massage into the affected area) Clean off after 30 mins. Repeat process if necessary.
Light Soiling / Quick Cleaning
For less soiled tops cleaning can commence immediately. Pour directly onto on to a cloth or sponge and massage into the affected area. Rinse off with water.
As with all cleaning products, it is best to avoid prolonged contact with skin. It is advised to use rubber gloves for protection.
We advise that to prolong the life of the re-colour provided by Reviver, you should allow 24 hours drying time and then protect it by applying Renovo Ultra Proofer.