Boat Canvas Cleaner
For Regular Soft Top Cleaning
For regular cleaning and maintenance of canvas boat covers, freshening appearance and helping to preserve the boat cover’s overall condition. THE best cleaner for covers, bimini tops, canopies and spray hoods!
Boat Canvas Cleaner removes grime and ingrained dirt without impairing the appearance of the boat cover’s canvas and is suitable for all colours.
Boat Canvas Cleaner is recommended for preparation of canvas covers before application of Boat Canvas Reviver and Marine Ultra Proofer. It is especially important to ensure that the canvas is free of grease, dirt and any previous waterproof coatings before using Boat Canvas Reviver.
Marine Ultra Proofer can still be applied with residual waterproofing agents within the material, but it should be thoroughly cleaned with Boat Canvas Cleaner to ensure that dust and dirt will not be sealed into the canvas.
Please see the “Do’s & Don’ts” information tab before placing your order.
Do's and Don'ts
Test on an inconspicuous area to ensure canvas is colourfast dyed.
Spray mist the canvas boat cover with water prior to application.
Use a clean paint brush to apply.
Leave Boat Canvas Cleaner on for 10-20 minutes for general cleaning.
Leave Boat Canvas Cleaner on for 40-60 minutes for stubborn dirt, and to remove any previous waterproofing treatments.
Wear protective gloves whilst applying.
Use every 6-12 months.
Use a power jet wash to clean a canvas boat cover
Use a detergent based cleaner
Apply in direct sunlight.
Forget to shake the bottle prior to use.
Please note: It is advisable to test on an inconspicuous area first, to ensure fabric is colourfast dyed.
Never use pressure washers on boat covers.
How to clean your boat cover
- First, dry brush the boat cover to remove any residual dirt.
- Dampen surface of cover with a mist spray of water or a damp sponge.
- Shake bottle well prior to removing top
- Pour into suitable container
- Apply with a clean 5cm/2″ paint brush using even brush strokes. Start at the centre of the cover working out towards the edge.
- Leave for 10-20 minutes to ensure the cleaner can work on difficult grime and stains.
- Commence scrubbing using warm water and a sponge, cloth or bristle brush until the cleaner begins to lather and dirt is being removed easily. Finish by rinsing off with water. Repeat the whole process if necessary.
- Subject to drying conditions allow approximately 1 hour for the boat cover to dry before applying any further Renovo products.
For heavily-soiled surfaces leave the solution to dry for approximately 60 minutes, the optimum time for active ingredients to work. Heavily-soiled surfaces should be scrubbed with a bristle brush and hand hot water. Finish by rinsing off with water. Repeat the whole process as necessary.
Finally leave to dry before applying Renovo Marine Ultra Proofer which will not only re-establish the original ‘as new’ waterproof weather barrier on your canvas, it also contains UV protection and a mould/mildew growth inhibitor.
Bird Droppings / Difficult Stains
Dab or pour the Cleaner directly onto the spot of dirt or stain. (Massage into the affected area) Clean off after 30 mins. Repeat process if necessary.
Light Soiling / Quick Cleaning
For less soiled covers cleaning can commence immediately. Pour directly onto on to a cloth or sponge and massage into the affected area. Rinse off with water.
As with all cleaning products, it is best to avoid prolonged contact with skin. It is advised to use rubber gloves for protection.