Marine Ultra Proofer
$34.50 – $61.00
Waterproofs and Protects Your Boat Cover
Marine Ultra Proofer will re-establish the original ‘as new’ waterproof weather barrier of your boat covers, spray hoods, canopies and bimini tops.
The recently improved formulation now has the added benefits of UV factor protection and a mould/mildew growth inhibitor to ensure covers look like new for longer.
Before applying Marine Ultra Proofer we recommend using Renovo Boat Canvas Cleaner according to the ‘severely soiled’ instructions on the bottle to thoroughly clean your canvas.
Marine Ultra Proofer will help to prevent the harmful penetration of everyday dirt into the fibres of new and old canvas boat cover material and help to keep the re-colour provided by Boat Canvas Reviver fresher for even longer.
Please see our Do’s & Don’ts page before placing your order.
Do's and Don'ts
Ensure that the canvas boat cover is thoroughly cleaned.
Ensure that you have sufficient Marine Ultra Proofer to complete a full coat.
Keep a soft damp cloth ready to wipe off any splashes or dribbles on bodywork and windows.
Work in a timely fashion to ensure that the edges of the freshly applied Marine Ultra Proofer do not dry out too quickly.
Work from the centre outwards round and round the cover, keeping all the edges wet.
Apply to a dry cover and allow Marine Ultra Proofer to dry completely before applying further product or taking out in the rain.
Use every 6-12 months.
Use on vinyl boat covers.
Forget to stir the Marine Ultra Proofer prior to use.
Dilute or mix the Marine Ultra Proofer with any other product.
Apply the Marine Ultra Proofer in direct sunlight, or on a hot day that will cause the Marine Ultra Proofer to dry too quickly.
Allow to dry on windows and bodywork.
Apply to vinyl boat covers.
Apply water proofing agent prior to using Boat Canvas Reviver unless the proofer is completely removed first.
Please note: It is advisable to test on an inconspicuous area prior to use, as some colours may appear lighter or darker after application.
Do not apply in direct sunlight, as this will cause the Ultra Proofer to dry out too quickly and produce an uneven result.
How to re-proof your boat cover
- Dry brush the boat canvas to remove any loose dust/dirt.
- Pour Ultra Proofer into a suitable container/bowl.
- Stir well before application.
- Apply Ultra Proofer with a new 5cm/2inch paintbrush ensuring that the fabric is completed covered. It is best to commence application in the centre of the canvas and as quickly as possible progress towards each side, front, and back of the boat canvas. Wipe excess drips from bodywork, trims and glass with a damp cloth.
It is important to allow Ultra Proofer to dry between coats. Always ensure that you have enough Ultra Proofer to coat the boat cover completely and that you will not run out half way through application!
- Allow the boat cover to dry for approximately three hours, this will depend on the drying conditions. The Ultra Proofer may dry out more quickly if it is a warm day and may take longer to dry if it is a damp day.
- Wash out brush in warm, soapy water.
Do not expose the boat cover to rain/wet weather until the Marine Ultra Proofer has completely dried.
The boat canvas is now water and stain repellent, will resist the growth of mould/mildew and is protected from harmful Ultra Violet rays.
To ensure best possible weatherproof protection we advise that Renovo Marine Ultra Proofer is applied every six months.